Overview: Happy Birthday, Moon by Fred Asch is a sweet story about a Bear and his friendship with the moon. Use this comprehension worksheet as a follow-up to the story to aid in understanding or to assess comprehension.
Recommended Grade Level(s): First, Second
Objective(s): Students will be able to...
- Answer questions about the story Happy Birthday Moon.
1 copy of Happy Birthday, Moon by Fred Asch
- For children that work at a slower pace or are easily overwhelmed, fold the worksheet in half so the workload is more manageable.
- Review the questions with the student before the book is read so he/she is aware of what to pay particular attention to when reading.
- Go on a picture walk prior to reading, so the child can generate ideas about what is going to be read.
- Allow the student to answer the questions on the worksheet as he/she reads the story.